- General Information
- Computer Labs
SSH For Windows
SSH (Secure Shell) is required and a much more secure method for connecting to ECS via remote access.
There is one main freeware Windows SSH client:
- PUTTY from http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/download.html.
- Install WinSCP to transfer files between hosts, since PUTTY comes without SFTP
Instructions on using PuTTY:
- Open putty.exe.
- Type in the Host Name and adjust 'Protocol' to 'SSH'.
- Click on Open.
- Type in your User Name and Password to login.
Instructions on using WinSCP:
- Open WinSCP.exe.
- Type in the Host Name and adjust 'File Protocol' to 'SFTP'.
- Type in the Host Name, your User Name, and Port Number, then click on Connect.
© 2011 Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey - This site is XHTML 1.0 valid.